|11-27-2002, 10:05 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Scrappers territory
In a recent poll conducted for FOX News by the research firm Opinion Dynamics, respondents were asked if, in the unlikely event the opportunity presented itself, they would personally kill Usama bin Laden. Less than half (45 percent) said "yes," while an almost equal number said "no" (43 percent).
Now, this is a dumb poll. IMO, they need to ask more realistic questions, like these that I asked in an informal poll of folks I know:
* 86% of those polled said they'd like to get the game-winning home run in a World Series, 7% said "no" and 7% were uncertain.
* When asked if they'd like to win $43 million in the lottery, the overwhelming majority (93%) said "yes", while 7% said they'd want more.
* A vast majority (86%) would NOT want to fly a space mission that would take a lifetime, never seeing Earth again. Only 14% of respondents were willing to go, but only if "Seven of Nine" were on board.
* In a surprisingly close poll, about half (57%) of those polled would NOT eat two pounds of earthworms on TV for a chance at $10,000, while slightly fewer (43%) would be willing to. When the reward was raised to $100,000, 86% said they would eat THREE pounds of earthworms, but would NOT also eat a loaf of moldy bread.
Foxnews has to get with the program.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Offseason stat package--SAC||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||5||12-18-2002 11:48 AM|
|Offseason stat package--Runs created/game||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||5||12-09-2002 10:54 AM|
|Offseason stat package--OPS||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||5||12-02-2002 10:18 AM|
|Offseason stat package--SLG||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||5||11-30-2002 10:16 AM|
|Offseason stat package--H (pitchers)||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||7||01-15-2002 05:41 PM|