|11-20-2002, 12:03 PM||#1|
NetShrine All-Century Team
Join Date: Apr 2001
1) The Rockies and Diamondbacks have agreed to a Larry Walker for Matt Williams, Erubiel Durazo, David Dellucci and Bret Prinz trade.
The trade is contingent on Walker and Williams waiving their no trade clauses. The teams were granted a 72 hour window, starting yesterday, to finalize the deal.
2) According to the Denver Post, the Rockies have already spoken to a NL team about retrading Durazo and they are interested in BlueJays 2B Orlando Hudson.
3) The Padres signed free agent Ps Jesse Orosco (1 year, $800,000 or $1 million) and Francisco Cordova (1 year, $750,000) and added minor leaguers INF Bernie Castro, OFs Jay Bay and Vince Faison and Ps Michael Nicolas and Cory Stewart to the 40 man roster.
After 3.86 ERA/0 RSAA (just 6 games) and 3.94 ERA/0 RSAA seasons, Orosco had a 3.00 ERA/2 RSAA in 56 games with the Dodgers. He has a 3.04 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.02, and 125 RSAA in a major league record 1187 games.
Cordova's missed the past 2 years. He has a 3.97 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.35, and 38 RSAA in 166 games with the 1996-2000 Pirates.
4) The Mariners released P Paul Abbott.
After 4.22 ERA/6 RSAA and 4.25 ERA/-2 RSAA seasons, Abbott had a 11.96 ERA/-23 RSAA in 7 games (5 starts). He has a 4.64 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.59, and -16 RSAA in 132 games.
5) The Braves signed OF Donzell McDonald to a minor league contract.
McDonald had a .580 OPS/-3 RCAA in 15 games with the 2001 Yankees and 2002 Royals.
6) The Brewers signed 3B Wilton Veras to a minor league contract.
Veras had a .637 OPS/-19 RCAA in 85 games with the 1999-2000 Redsox.
7) Free agent 3B David Bell met with the Phillies yesterday and says he's like to sign somewhere soon.
8) The Reds signed utilityman Felipe Crespo, INFs Ryan Freel, Kelly Dransfeldt, Jason Maxwell and Kevin Howard, OFs Emil Brown, Robin Jennings, Mike Curry and Bobby Darulato, Cs Reed Secrist and Creighton Gubanich and Ps Sean DePaula, Lance Davis, Mark Watson, Luis Pineda, Carlos Almanzar, Jonathan Berry, Jake Whitney, Shane Hearns, Kyle Stanton, Scott MacRae and Kyle Edens to minor league contracts.
Crespo, who played in Japan in 2002, has a .710 career OPS, compared to his league average of .784, and -12 RCAA in 262 games, from 1996-98 and 2000-01.
Freel had a .652 OPS/0 RCAA in 9 games with the 2001 BlueJays.
Dransfeldt had a .429 OPS/-12 RCAA in 36 games with the 1999-2001 Rangers.
Maxwell had a .624 OPS/-14 RCAA in 110 games with the 1998 Cubs and 2000-01 Twins.
Brown had a .591 OPS/-29 RCAA in 209 games with the 1997-2001 Pirates and 2001 Padres.
Jennings had a .650 OPS/-8 RCAA in 93 games with 4 teams from 1996-2001 (playing in the majors in 4 of those years).
Gubanich had a .772 OPS/-2 RCAA in 18 games with the 1999 Redsox.
DePaula had a 12.79 ERA/-6 RSAA in 5 games with the Indians and has a 6.75 ERA/-8 RSAA in 29 career games.
Davis had a 4.74 ERA/-5 RSAA in 20 starts with the 2001 Reds.
Watson had a 12.19 ERA/-8 RSAA in 9 games with the 2000 Indians and 2002 Mariners.
After a 4.91 ERA/-1 RSAA with the 2001 Tigers, Pineda had a 4.18 ERA/1 RSAA in 26 games (2 starts) with the Reds. He had surgery repair a torn rotator cuff and labrum and is expected to miss at least most of the 2003 season.
After 4.39 ERA/-1 RSAA and 3.38 ERA/1 RSAA seasons, Almanzar had a 2.31 ERA/3 RSAA in 10 games. He has a 5.03 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.58, and -11 RSAA in 137 games.
McRae had a 4.02 ERA/1 RSAA in 24 games with the 2001 Reds.
9) The Angels added minor leaguers 1B Robb Quinlan and Ps Richard Fischer and Bobby Jenks to the 40 man roster.
10) The Rangers activated 2B-OF Frank Catalanotto, LF Rusty Greer and Ps Jeff Zimmerman and Jovanny Cedeno from the 60 day DL, which restores them to the 40 man roster.
After 5 RCAA/.832 OPS and 31 RCAA/.882 OPS seasons, Catalanotto hit .443 SLG, .364 OBA, .808 OPS, 1 RCAA in 68 games. He has a .825 career OPS, compared to his league average of .775, and 34 RCAA in 506 games.
Greer will miss the entire 2003 season and his career is in jeopardy.
Zimmerman missed the entire 2002 season and is expected to miss at least the first half of 2003, after having Tommy John surgery.
11) The Diamondbacks added minor leaguers C Brad Cresse, C-OF Robert Hammock, 2B Matt Kata, SS Tim Olson and Ps Chris Capuano, Oscar Villarreal, Andrew Good, Brandon Webb and Greg Aquino to the 40 man roster.
12) According to the Montreal Gazette, the Cubs and Expos have discussed a Javier Vazquez and Jose Vidro for Carlos Zambrano, Bobby Hill and another player trade.
13) The Mariners added minor leaguers OF Jamal Strong, C Ryan Christianson and Ps Rett Johnson, Aaron Looper and Bobby Madritsch to the 40 man roster.
14) The Twins claimed minor league OF Jeff Deardorff off waivers from the Brewers.
15) According to the Seattle Times, a Mariners executive is denying a rumor from that paper that the team is trying to trade CF Mike Cameron.
16) Expos MGR Frank Robinson officially signed a contract for next season.
17) According to the Boston Globe, "The Sox aren't in the bidding for Glavine, who is expected to choose among the Phillies, Mets, and his current team, the Braves, the clubs that already have offers on the table. The Sox placed a call to Glavine's agent, Greg Clifton, on Monday, but it was little more than a courtesy, signaling no real interest."
18) Free agent Jim Thome will meet with the Cubs today, but they aren't expected to be a serious pursuer of him.
19) According to the Baltimore Sun, the Orioles were interested in BlueJays SS Felipe Lopez, but aren't interested in a trading a #2 or #3 starter, while the team has met with free agent SS Deivi Cruz's agent and he's seeking a multiyear contract.
20) According to the New York Post, the Yankees, A's, Dodgers, Phillies, Orioles, Redsox, Mariners, Expos, Indians, Brewers and Cubs have all contacted Edgardo Alfonzo's agent, but none of them are ready to make an offer.
21) According to the Florida Sun Sentinel, free agent LF Cliff Floyd may be interested in returning to the Marlins. The paper also reports the list of potential Marlins targets could include Trot Nixon, Jacque Jones, Terrence Long and Robert Fick.
Creator, Complete Baseball Encyclopedia. It's powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting and stat display options. The CBE has many features that are not available in online and printed sources. Has 2006 stats and daily update service for 2007.
|11-20-2002, 02:31 PM||#2|
NS Omnipresent Brasilian
Re: Rockies-Diamondbacks trade
Gustavo NDF Moderator
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sosa suspended; Rangers-Yankees trade; Alomar trade rumor||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||4||06-06-2003 01:17 PM|
|Diamondbacks re-sign Johnson; Trouble in Yankeeland; Giants-Expos trade||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||3||03-25-2003 12:45 PM|
|Diamondbacks-Cubs trade; Alou hired; Rockies-Marlins trade update||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||6||11-19-2002 12:19 PM|
|ATM report--Mondesi trade||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||1||07-03-2002 01:19 PM|
|Around the majors reports--July 29||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||12||07-29-2001 10:52 PM|