|10-05-2002, 02:28 PM||#1|
NetShrine All-Century Team
Join Date: Apr 2001
A's, Angels, Cardinals go for clinchers today
1) Yesterday's scores--
A's 6, Twins 3 (A's lead series, 2-1)
Angels 9, Yankees 6 (Angels lead series, 2-1)
2) Today's schedule--
A's (Tim Hudson) at Twins (Eric Milton), 1:00
Yankees (David Wells) at Angels (Jarrod Washburn), 4:00
Braves (Tom Glavine) at Giants (Livan Hernandez), 4:00 (series tied, 1-1)
Diamondbacks (Miguel Batista) at Cardinals (Andy Benes), 7:30 (Cardinals lead series, 2-0)
3) Yesterday's HRs--
4) The MRI on Cardinals 3B Scott Rolen showed a second degree separated shoulder. The trainer says he's expected to miss 10-14 days and would be available for the World Series, if they get that far. According to UnderTheKnife, "I think this range is exceptionally aggressive, but with a chance to play in the World Series, Rolen is likely to play with even significant pain."
5) Yankees MGR Joe Torre says Bernie Williams's discomfort in his left rib cage is serious enough that, if this wasn't the postseason, he wouldn't be playing.
After 34 RCAA/.957 OPS and 37 RCAA/.917 OPS seasons, Williams hit .493 OPS, .415 OBA, .908 OPS, 47 RCAA in 154 games. He has a .890 career OPS, compared to his league average of .768, and 354 RCAA in 1537 games.
This was his 6th consecutive year with an OPS at least 150 points above the league average, which ranks him 2nd all time among switch hitters--
6) Yankees P Mike Mussina had to leave yesterday's game, due to a groin injury.
After 3.79 ERA/23 RSAA and 3.15 ERA/34 RSAA seasons, Mussina had a 4.05 ERA/8 RSAA in 33 starts. Starting in 1996, he's had a streak of alternating between dropping and the improving on his previous year's RSAA. Mussina has a 3.54 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.60, and 272 RSAA in 355 games.
Mussina's rate of 2.66 baserunners/9 IP better than the league average is the major league record for pitchers with 2000+ IP--
(Pedro Martinez is +3.50 in 1892 IP)
7) The Redsox fired coaches Dwight Evans (hitting), Tommy Harper (1B) and Bob Kipper (bullpen), while bench coach Mike Stanley is leaving the team for personal reasons. Pitching coach Tony Cloninger and 3B coach Mike Cubbage will return.
Meanwhile, as far as whether MGR Grady Little will be back, interim GM Mike Port says, "It does bode very well in that regard."
8) Indians GM Mark Shapiro will meet with interim manager Joel Skinner over the weekend, to discuss this season and the team's future. Skinner is on the short list of candidates for the managerial position.
9) Padres C Wiki Gonzalez had surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow on Thursday.
After -13 RCAA/.656 OPS and 4 RCAA/.798 OPS seasons, Gonzalez hit .299 SLG, .330 OBA, .629 OPS, -9 RCAA in 56 games. He has a .686 career OPS, compared to his league average of .785, and -24 RCAA in 245 games.
10) Dodgers GM Dan Evans says the team is looking to improve their power production from their corner infield and they plan on trying to find someone to share the 1B job with Eric Karros, although it wouldn't be a strict platoon.
Creator, Complete Baseball Encyclopedia. It's powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting and stat display options. The CBE has many features that are not available in online and printed sources. Has 2006 stats and daily update service for 2007.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Angels a win away; Cardinals win||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||3||10-14-2002 08:41 PM|
|Angels tie series; Giants take lead||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||3||10-10-2002 11:00 PM|
|Angels, Cardinals advance to LCS||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||4||10-07-2002 07:54 PM|
|ATM report--Yankees and Cardinals could clinch tonight||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||8||09-23-2002 04:16 PM|
|Angels In Red||Duque||2002 Hot Baseball Chatter Archives||5||01-12-2002 02:42 AM|