|03-08-2002, 07:19 PM||#1|
NetShrine All-Century Team
Join Date: Apr 2001
ATM report--Gordon could be out for the season
1) According to Cubs President Andy MacPhail, Tom Gordon has "a significant injury that's going to require significant time off. We don't have a time frame yet."
There is speculation that Gordon could miss the entire season.
After being limited to 21 games in 1999 and missing the entire 2000 season, Gordon had a 3.38 ERA and 4 RSAA in 47 games in 2001. He has a 4.13 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.20, and 75 RSAA in 491 games.
2) The Expos signed 1B Andres Galarraga and P Alan Mills to minor league contracts.
Galarraga hit .459 SLG, .326 OBA, .784 OPS, -1 RCAA, .489 OWP, 4.89 RC/G, 57 RC in 121 games in 2001--72 with the Rangers and 49 with the Giants. He has a .850 career OPS, compared to his league average of .749 and 1B average of .810, 185 RCAA and 17 RCAP in 2036 games. Galarraga previously played for the Expos from 1985-91.
Mills had a 9.64 ERA and -9 RSAA in 15 games with the Orioles in 2001. It was the 2nd consecutive time he's had a negative RSAA and Mills has a 4.12 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.31, and 20 RSAA in 474 games.
3) Reds P Brian Bohanon will have arthroscopic surgery on Monday, to repair a stress fracture in his left elbow. Bohanon is in camp on a minor league contract and is expected to start the season on a minor league DL.
Bohanon had a 7.14 ERA and -19 RSAA in 20 games with the Rockies in 2001. It was the 9th in his 12 year career that he had a negative RSAA and the 4th time he had a double digit negative figure. Bohanon has a 5.19 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.44, and -28 RSAA in 304 games.
4) Cardinals 3B Albert Pujols had to leave yesterday's game, due to a sprained left ankle. He'll be evaluated today and the team doesn't think it's anything more serious than a day to day injury.
Meanwhile, RF J.D. Drew has a sprained left ankle, which has kept him out of the past 5 games, and is expected back by the weekend, at the latest. Drew says that this injury couldn't keep him out of the lineup if the season had already started.
5) The Twins got good news on 3B Corey Koskie's condition. According to the hand specialist he saw yesterday, Koskie merely has a bone bruise in his right wrist. He's expected to miss another 10 days-2 weeks of action, but should be ready for Opening Day.
6) According to the New York Times, "people in and close to baseball said [Paul] Beeston's decision [to resign] stemmed from a development last summer in which Commissioner Bud Selig would not let Beeston continue with secret talks he and Rob Manfred, the clubs' chief labor lawyer, had been having for three months with union officials.
"Those talks were conducted last April, May and June, ending in late June as the union awaited a response to its proposal. The response never came. People familiar with the talks said some of those involved believed they could, with some hard bargaining, reach an agreement by the All-Star Game in July.
"Selig has said repeatedly that he was not aware that anyone on the clubs' side held that view. He is believed to have halted the talks because the union's proposal on revenue sharing was nowhere near the level he wanted. Selig subsequently proposed that the clubs share 50 percent of their local revenue while the union has proposed 22.5 percent with a different method of distributing the money."
7) The A's refused to give the Redsox permission to interview Ken Macha for their MGR position.
8) According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins are shopping P Antonio Alfonseca, with the Orioles being a possible destination, while there is speculation that Eric Owens is still on the trading block.
9) According to one report in the Pioneer Press, a Minnesota paper, the Redsox are talking to Tom Kelly about a 5 year, $7 million deal. According to another report, from the same paper, Kelly is still under contract to the Twins and the Redsox haven't asked Twins GM Terry Ryan for permission to speak to him.
Research request--I have someone looking for Grady Little's record for the games that he served as Indians's MGR. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Corrections: From yesterday--John McHale Jr. was with the Tigers, not the commissioner's office, before he moved to the Devil Rays's position. From Wednesday-:The unattributed quote regarding the lack of labor talks came from Sandy Alderson. The report on Grady Little possibly being the next Redsox MGR should have said the speculation is he could "hired" within the next few days, not fired.
Creator, Complete Baseball Encyclopedia. It's powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting and stat display options. The CBE has many features that are not available in online and printed sources. Has 2006 stats and daily update service for 2007.
|03-08-2002, 09:35 PM||#3|
NetShrine Creator & Curator
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NetShrine WHQ
I'm beginning to think Drew will never be 100% OK at any time.
|03-08-2002, 09:37 PM||#4|
Call it the curse of HMSRF!! He should have played in Philly for 4 years and then left for the $$$$. But he didn't and Karma will kill ya!!!
|03-08-2002, 09:48 PM||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2001
LMAO TG19. You made me spit soda out my nose!
NDF who shares good karma!
Get a coaster! My cup is not only 1/2 full it is brimming!
We don't need no stinking Arods!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Season series vs post-season series.||Ytown Tribe fan||2003 Baseball History Archives||1||10-29-2003 05:19 PM|
|All-time Team Teams Season #2!!!!||BravesWin!||2003 Seventh Inning Stretch Archives||14||06-08-2003 12:12 PM|
|More pitchers and catchers report||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||0||02-12-2003 11:01 AM|
|Whitesox sign Gordon||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||4||01-21-2003 03:32 PM|
|Around the majors reports--Aug 1||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||11||08-01-2001 10:33 PM|