|02-22-2004, 12:21 PM||#1|
NetShrine All-Century Team
Join Date: Apr 2001
Rangers re-sign Blalock
1) The Rangers re-signed 3B Hank Blalock to a 5 year, $15.25 million contract, with an option for 2009.
After starting his career with -9 RCAA/.632 OPS in 49 games in 2002, Blalock hit .522 SLG, .350 OBA, .872 OPS, 12 RCAA in 143 games. He has a .822 career OPS, compared to his league average of .762, and 3 RCAA in 192 games.
2) Pitchers and catchers report today for the Marlins and Twins. They are the last 2 teams to have them report.
3) Position players report today for the Yankees.
4) Royals P Kyle Snyder will need another shoulder surgery. He was already recovering from a surgery in September that repaired a partially torn labrum when he was bothered by irritation. Snyder would miss anywhere from several months to the entire 2004 season.
Snyder had a 5.17 ERA/0 RSAA in his first 15 career games. He also had Tommy John surgery in 2000.
5) The Brewers agreed to terms with P Luis Martinez on a 1 year contract and re-signed P Leo Estrella.
Martinez's contract won't be signed until, and unless, he's given permission to leave the Dominican Republic, where he a suspect in a shooting.
After starting his career with 2 games with the 2000 BlueJays, Estrella had a 4.36 ERA/0 RSAA in 58 games. He has a 4.46 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.33, and 0 RSAA in 60 games.
6) Jose Canseco says he has a tryout scheduled with the Dodgers for March 1.
7) The Rangers re-signed OFs Kevin Mench and Ramon Nivar, 1B and Ps Mickey Callaway, Juan Dominguez, Rosman Garcia, Chris Mabeus, Edwin Moreno, Erasmo Ramirez, Nick Regilio, Brian Shouse and Ryan Snare to 1 year contracts.
After starting his career with -3 RCAA/.775 OPS in 110 games in 2002, Mench hit .464 SLG, .381 OBA, .845 OPS, 4 RCAA in 38 games. He has a .793 career OPS, compared to his league average of .759, and 1 RCAA in 148 games.
After starting his career with a 6.14 ERA/-1 RSAA in 2002 (he also pitched in 13 games in 1993/1998), Shouse had a 3.10 ERA/13 RSAA in 62 games. He has a 4.11 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.51, and 9 RSAA in 98 games.
8) The Braves are going to give P Jaret Wright a chance to return to the rotation.
In his first year with more than 10 games since 1999, Wright had a 7.35 ERA/-21 RSAA in 50 games, all in relief, with the Padres and Braves. It was his 2nd consecutive year with less than -20 RSAA. Wright has a 5.68 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.67, and -66 RSAA in 148 games.
9) Whitesox P prospect Corwin Malone will have Tommy John surgery on March 7 and will miss the entire season.
Malone, 23, went from being regarded as a top prospect a couple of years ago to a C rating in John Sickels's latest book.
Creator, Complete Baseball Encyclopedia. It's powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting and stat display options. The CBE has many features that are not available in online and printed sources. Has 2006 stats and daily update service for 2007.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mid-Season Report: Rangers||sweaver||2003 Hot Baseball Chatter Archives||4||07-09-2003 09:14 PM|
|Rangers sign Sierra||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||2||01-28-2003 05:53 PM|
|Rangers sign Fultz||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||0||01-01-2003 11:35 AM|
|Rangers sign Yan||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||0||12-27-2002 02:30 PM|
|Rangers Throw Rocker Into Bushes||Slippery Pedro||2002 Active Player News, Analysis, & Commentary Archives||28||04-25-2002 11:51 PM|