|11-27-2003, 10:41 AM||#1|
NetShrine All-Century Team
Join Date: Apr 2001
Royals re-sign a trio; Marlins could make a couple of moves
1) The Royals re-signed free agents 3B Joe Randa and Ps Brian Anderson and Curtis Leskanic.
Randa got a 1 year contract, with a mutual option for 2005. After -27 RCAA/.693 OPS and -10 RCAA/.768 OPS seasons, he hit .452 SLG, .348 OBA, .800 OPS, -2 RCAA in 131 games. Randa has a .767 career OPS, compared to his league average of .775, and -52 RCAA in 1155 games.
Randa ranks in the top 5 for worst RCAA by a AL 3B in the past 20 years--
Leskanic got a 1 year, $1.375 million contract, with an option for 2005. After 2.56 ERA/16 RSAA and 3.63 ERA/6 RSAA seasons, he had a 2.22 ERA/15 RSAA in 53 games (first 26 with the Brewers). Leskanic has a 4.30 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.32, and 66 RSAA in 552 games.
Anderson got a 2 year contract. After 5.20 ERA/-8 RSAA and 4.79 ERA/-6 RSAA seasons, he had a 3.78 ERA/14 RSAA in 31 starts (32 games--first 25 G/24 GS with the Indians). Anderson has a 4.58 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.49, and -3 RSAA in 250 games.
2) According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins are close to re-signing 2B Luis Castillo and the deal could be announced as early as tomorrow.
3) According to the Miami Herald, Marlins 3B Mike Lowell has agreed in principle to a 4 year contract, with a clause that could terminate it if the team doesn't get a new stadium. The deal would be finalized next week.
4) The A's and Padres officially completed the trade that sent CF Mark Kotsay to the A's for OF Terrence Long and C Ramon Hernandez.
5) Padres GM Kevin Towers denies a report from the San Diego Union that he's spoken to the Mets about a trade that would send Long and P Kevin Jarvis to the Mets for OF Roger Cedeno. But, he did confirm that a Jarvis-Cedeno deal was discussed during the past season.
6) Astros owner Drayton McLane denies a rumor that the team has made a 3 year offer to free agent P Andy Pettitte. According to McLane, there hasn't been any offers or serious negotiations yet.
7) The Whitesox re-signed free agent C Sandy Alomar Jr. to a 1 year, $750,000 contract, with an option for 2005.
After -13 RCAA/.794 OPS and -13 RCAA/.712 OPS seasons, Alomar hit .407 SLG, .281 OBA, .689 OPS, -7 RCAA in 75 games. He has a .725 career OPS, compared to his league average of .762, and -98 RCAA in 1227 games.
8) The BlueJays signed P Bruce Chen to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
After 4.87 ERA/-11 RSAA and 5.56 ERA/-11 RSAA seasons, Chen had a 5.55 ERA/-2 RSAA in 16 games (2 starts) with the Astros and Redsox. He has a 4.59 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.42, and -10 RSAA in 155 games.
9) The Twins designated minor league P John Pridie for assignment, to make room on the 40 man roster for recently acquired INF Augie Ojeda.
10) The Rangers signed OFs Chad Allen and Jason Conti to minor league contracts and invited them to spring training.
Allen has -26 RCAA/.722 OPS in 226 career games, including a .333 SLG, .240 OBA, .573 OPS, -2 RCAA in 12 games with the 2003 Marlins.
Conti has -16 RCAA/.684 OPS in 160 career games, including a .396 SLG, .255 OBA, .651 OPS, -4 RCAA in 30 games with the 2003 Brewers.
11) According to the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks are looking for another lefthanded reliever, with Jeff Fassero, Terry Mulholland Steve Kline possibilities.
12) According to the Denver Post, Rockies SS Juan Uribe is on the trading block and the team is aggressively going after free agents 3B Vinny Castilla and P Rod Beck. But, like most teams, they won't do anything on the free agent front until after the December 7 deadline for teams to offer their free agents salary arbitration or losing the right to draft pick compensation.
13) BlueJays GM J.P. Ricciardi denies rumors that he's spoken to the Yankees about 2B Orlando Hudson and says nobody's called him about Hudson since the end of the season.
14) According to the LA Times, the Angels have contacted free agent P Eddie Guardado.
15) According to the Bergen Record, the Yankees have increased their efforts to trade for Expos P Javier Vazquez, with 1B-DH Nick Johnson and prospects being used as the bait, the team is interested in free agent P Miguel Batista and has made a verbal agreement to re-sign free agent P Felix Heredia.
16) According to the Newark Star Ledger, the Yankees are interested in free agent P Arthur Rhodes.
Creator, Complete Baseball Encyclopedia. It's powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting and stat display options. The CBE has many features that are not available in online and printed sources. Has 2006 stats and daily update service for 2007.
|12-04-2003, 12:25 PM||#2|
NS Omnipresent Brasilian
Mussina, Vazquez, Batista, Contreras. i like the look of that.
Gustavo NDF Moderator
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Marlins sign Rodriguez||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||2||01-23-2003 02:26 PM|
|Royals Sign Desi Relaford||KCBOOMER||2003 Active Player News, Analysis, & Commentary Archives||11||01-20-2003 07:39 PM|
|ATM report--A couple of tiny moves||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||1||01-28-2002 11:25 AM|
|Marlins Are Messed Up||NetShrine||2001 Hot Baseball Chatter Archives||5||05-30-2001 09:03 AM|