NetShrine Discussion Forum  

Go Back   NetShrine Discussion Forum > Main Forums > Hardball Study Hall
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
Crash Course
NetShrine Creator & Curator

Exclamation Looking For Yankee Stadium Stories

Have you ever been to Yankee Stadium? Do you go to Yankee Stadium often?

Related, do you have an interesting story about a time when you were at the Stadium? Maybe you were there for a famous game? Or, maybe you once saw something there that you’ll always remember for some particular reason – because it was wacky or moving? Perhaps you once went to a game and that day will now always have great personal meaning to you? Maybe you have learned some tricks about getting to and around the Stadium through the years that you think are special? Have you noticed a change in the Stadium “experience” through the years? Do you have a Yankee Stadium foul and/or homerun ball story? Have you ever been ejected from Yankee Stadium? What sections of Yankee Stadium have you sat in that you enjoyed the most – and/or the least?

It seems that most Yankees fans have at least one “Yankee Stadium” story – heck, I have more than I can count – how about you?

If you have a “Yankee Stadium” story, and you’re willing to share it for a project that I’m looking into, please send me an e-mail to author [at] baseballsamegame [dot] com

And, if you know of anyone else who has a good Stadium tale, please do pass this request along to them. Thanks.

Hit Grass, Win Salad

Man, this is baseball. You gotta stop thinking. Just have fun.
- Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez, in The Sandlot

I've been going to games since August 8, 1973....and on August 22, 2004, finally, a foul ball came my way. I had to reach for it, and it deflected off the tip of my right index finger. Shoot, if I was only 4 inches taller!

Have you read The Baseball Same Game?
Crash Course is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
Deep Blue
All-NetShrine Team Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Deep Blue

Crash - I have never been to Yankee Stadium. Hard enough to get into Fenway over the years, especially of late.

However I am going to do everything possible to make a road trip next year - hopefully when the Sox are in town, but if not them, for some other series. I owe it to myself as a baseball fan to make the trip, even if it is the home of the enemy... As much as some have declared Fenway to be "America's Ballpark," I can't ignore all of the history which has revolved around the Stadium (even if it is not the Stadium of pre-1975). When I go, I will come back with a story. Or three........ and be happy to share them with you.

Jeff
Old 10-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Crash Course
NetShrine Creator & Curator

thanks

Hit Grass, Win Salad

Man, this is baseball. You gotta stop thinking. Just have fun.
- Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez, in The Sandlot

I've been going to games since August 8, 1973....and on August 22, 2004, finally, a foul ball came my way. I had to reach for it, and it deflected off the tip of my right index finger. Shoot, if I was only 4 inches taller!

Have you read The Baseball Same Game?
Crash Course is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
hmrsf
forum mom

I have never been to Yankee Stadium. Last year I tried very hard to get good tickets to a game. To make a long story short it never ended up happening.

This year I am making the the treck w Yankee /Sox couple. They are going to give us the tour. I don't care what game we go to as long as it is not the Sox. I see them enough.

Get a coaster! My cup is not only 1/2 full it is brimming!

We don't need no stinking Arods!
hmrsf is offline   Reply With Quote