|10-24-2002, 12:26 PM||#1|
NetShrine All-Century Team
Join Date: Apr 2001
World Series is tied, 2-2
1) Yesterday's score--
Giants 4, Angels 3 (series tied, 2-2)
2) Today's schedule--
Angels (Jarrod Washburn) at Giants (Jason Schmidt), 8:00
3) Yesterday's HR--
4) Barry Bonds set the World Series record (at least since 1955) with 3 IBB in a game.
5) The teams combined to tie the World Series record, for 9 inning games, with 6 double plays.
6) Lou Piniella has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Devil Rays, while the Mets have reportedly hired Art Howe.
7) There have been rumors that Giants P Robb Nen is having injury problems. According to UnderTheKnife, "Sources are telling UTK that Nen is dealing with some tendinitis in his shoulder and while he does need a bit of extra time to warm up, his availability is not in question."
After 1.50 ERA/20 RSAA and 3.01 ERA/8 RSAA seasons, Nen had a 2.20 ERA/13 RSAA in 66 games. He has a 2.98 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.29, and 87 RSAA in 643 games.
For excellent baseball injury, and other news, sign up for UTK's newsletter at http://www.willcarroll.com
8) Angels P Ramon Ortiz has stiffness in his wrist, which the team says is tendonitis. He'll have an MRI and his availability for Game 7, if there is one, is uncertain.
After 5.09 ERA/-1 RSAA and 4.36 ERA/10 RSAA seasons, Ortiz had a 3.77 ERA/13 RSAA in 32 starts. He has a 4.46 career ERA, compared to his league average of 4.59, and 13 RSAA in 91 games.
9) As we have come to expect, AP screwed up the story about how many pitchers started a World Series game on their birthdays. John Lackey wasn't the 3rd one to do it, he was the 5th. Ed Figueroa (1978) and Tim Belcher (1988) should also be on the list.
10) The Rockies named Duane Espy as hitting coach. He held that position for the Padres for the past two years.
11) According to NY Daily News, MLB is considering having the Expos move to Fenway for 2003, while they look for a buyer. The Redsox would be paid rent and the Expos would play home games when the Redsox are the road.
12) According to the Chicago Sun Times, the Cubs may be interested in Marlins 3B Mike Lowell.
Correction from yesterday--The Marlins, not the Mariners, made the Lowell-Millar for Nixon-Hillenbrand trade offer.
Creator, Complete Baseball Encyclopedia. It's powerful, yet extremely easy to use. Features extensive sorting and stat display options. The CBE has many features that are not available in online and printed sources. Has 2006 stats and daily update service for 2007.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|World Series Veterans||TreAnt985||2003 Baseball Trivia Archives||7||04-08-2003 05:41 PM|
|AL Remains dominant in World Series play||pwdennis||2002 Baseball History Archives||38||10-31-2002 10:24 PM|
|World Series starts tonight||nyy26wc||Around The Majors Reports||1||10-19-2002 10:10 AM|
|Greatest World Series Game||NetShrine||2001 Baseball History Archives||1||11-01-2001 06:30 PM|
|World Series, position by position||satchel||2001 Hot Baseball Chatter Archives||6||10-24-2001 10:47 PM|