NetShrine Discussion Forum  

Go Back   NetShrine Discussion Forum > NDF Archives > Defunct NDF Forums > Who Will Win In 2007?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who Will Win The NL West In 2007?
Dodgers 6 31.58%
Giants 3 15.79%
Padres 6 31.58%
Rockies 1 5.26%
Diamondbacks 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
Crash Course
NetShrine Creator & Curator

Question Who Will Win The NL West In 2007?

Who is your 2007 winner, and why?

Hit Grass, Win Salad

Man, this is baseball. You gotta stop thinking. Just have fun.
- Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez, in The Sandlot

I've been going to games since August 8, 1973....and on August 22, 2004, finally, a foul ball came my way. I had to reach for it, and it deflected off the tip of my right index finger. Shoot, if I was only 4 inches taller!

Have you read The Baseball Same Game?
Crash Course is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
RascalJones
NetShrine All-Century Team

I think the Padres have potentially the best talent and the Giants and Dodgers are getting old.

Even with the best lineup in the NL West, I think the Padres stumble somewhere, and open the door for a hungry young team like Arizona or Colorado. Coin flip shows Colorado as the winner.

"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud." -- Bob Uecker
RascalJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
hopbitters
Inducted Into The NetShrine Assembly of Fame

D-backs have a nice, young offense. Webb is a true ace. As long as the rest of the rotation doesn't completely tank, they should be in good shape. (homer vote)
Old 03-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
hopbitters

Wow, my vote made it a dead heat. 1 for each team.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #5
crazydiamond

Send a message via AIM to crazydiamond

if Zito can adjust to the league and Bonds can avoid legal problems and all our senior citizens can stay healthy, the Giants have this division
...that's a lot of if's
crazydiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #6
--JDD
NetShrine All-Star

Send a message via AIM to --JDD

The Dodgers will win this division. They have a nice mix of veterans and kids who can hit and their rotation is seven men deep. The Dodgers only do well when they avoid injuries. Like most teams, they sink when their stars get hurt. But for the first time in a long time, the players on the bench are kids who can play, rather than old vets named Lenny Harris or Rick Dempsey.

The Padres won't hit enough at home and pitch well enough on the road.

The Giants are tough every year, and Bonds looks like he can play better now than last year. That Cain is tough. Probably better than Webb, who needs a little more help than Unit can provide.

While most of the All-Star team's pitching staff will come out of this division, only one winner will emerge, and that will be your Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Phillies should win the Wild Card, but their pitching fell apart over the last two weeks. I see the Giants taking that, then falling to Cubs in the NLDS. Dodgers over the Braves, winning in ways that would allow them to avoid facing Smoltz one too many times. The Bums then outhit the Cubs in a crappy NLCS as both teams keep running the same four arms out there. Nomar is named the NLCS MVP, stating he wanted the Cubs to pay for letting him go after his leg almost fell off.

The Dodgers will limp into the Series and face the Red Sox, who seem to be alble to win even without Dice-K, who saw his arm fall off in September (following yet another six walk game).

The Red Sox give it a go, but Schilling cannot throw every day... Beckett pulls a Frasier and loses three in the Series as the Dodger bullpen gathers up three wins and three saves. Garciaparra is named the World Series MVP, holding up his twins instead of the trophy at the end of the Series. His only comment to the media:

"They never should have let me go. Lugo hit.... what.... .235 this year?"
Old 04-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #7
LisaG
All-NetShrine Team Member

this one is really tough.

dodgers got 2 pitchers and 3 hitters
giants got barry lamar Himself - so i won't say no, even though that is ALL they got for hitting
rox - nope. 2 pitchers, 1 hitter, helton is cooked.

so between pads and dbax, i choose dbax by a veryveryvery slim margin - better pitching, better hitters, even if they are young.

but it is close
LisaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
KCBOOMER

This one is tough to chose. No really impressive team. I'll go with the Dodgers.

Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball
KCBOOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
perrya
NetShrine Hot Prospect

Padres are not going to fold this time.
perrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #10
RascalJones

At least I voted Rockies here......Sure they made Wild Card and not Div Champ, but look at 'em now. Just don't look at my other picks.....I think I picked the Reds in the NLC and Braves in the NLE.

Quote:
Even with the best lineup in the NL West, I think the Padres stumble somewhere, and open the door for a hungry young team like Arizona or Colorado. Coin flip shows Colorado as the winner.

WHOA! Talk about seeing the future.

"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud." -- Bob Uecker
RascalJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #11
LisaG
All-NetShrine Team Member

dang i'm good
LisaG is offline   Reply With Quote